It sure can be a rough place on the World Wide Web when you contend for what you believe is scriptural. Yesterday was a milestone day in the name calling I have received from believers who appose what I advocate. Today I got called the mouthpiece of satan August 9, 2010 at 6:09 pm because I advocate what I consider foundational truths of our gospel.
We need to have faith like Abraham who hoped against all hope n the promises of God. Rom 4:18
- Heb 11:39 is an example of faith. None of them received what was promised and they were commended for their faith.
- Faith is hoping in what we do not have. Heb 11:1
- Christians to have biblical faith must hope in the promises of God. Who hopes for what he has. Rom 8:24-25
- God calls things that are not as if they were in our gospel. This is why we see the duality in the NT of having and waiting. Hence we can have faith like Abraham. Rom 4:17
- As Paul says, it is by grace through faith we are saved, not grace then faith Eph 2:8-9
- As James says, the faith through which we can receive grace is the kind accompanied by actions. That a person is not justified in an empty faith but one that people act on. James 2:24
So for all of this I am a mouthpiece of the devil.
The amazing thing though, is our gospel is for those who hate us, think we are crazy or demon possessed.
Paul sharing the gospel with Festus got told he was insane. Paul couldn’t convince him of the truth that his gospel was true and reasonable.
At this point Festus interrupted Paul’s defense. “You are out of your mind, Paul!” he shouted. “Your great learning is driving you insane.” “I am not insane, most excellent Festus,” Paul replied. “What I am saying is true and reasonable.
Jesus got told He was demon possessed and that people should not listen to Him.
Many of them said, “He is demon-possessed and raving mad. Why listen to him?”
At one point Jesus got accused of being possessed by Beelzebub himself.
And the teachers of the law who came down from Jerusalem said, “He is possessed by Beelzebub ! By the prince of demons he is driving out demons.”
Imagine it, Jesus Himself came to His own and they not only didn’t recognize Him, they thought He was possessed. His own people, of the covenant of righteousness that comes by faith, rejected what He taught them. His doctrine was strange to them.
And when the multitude heard this, they were astonished at his doctrine.
None of us have the corner on the abuse market. Jesus had to put up with it all the time. But the thing that gets me is, Jesus came and died for these people who just simply didn’t get it, they were hostile towards His message. Jesus died for those people.
Imagine it. The people of God who had the books of Moses and the prophets and boasted they were God’s chosen people, they had the words of God, but they couldn’t see the scriptural truth in what God was saying through His Son.
Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
So it is with all of us who measure out the truth of God’s word to the people of God. So let us count it all joy.
“Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
The one we follow was hated first.
“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.
Are we ready to go die for a world that hates us and our gospel message?
 Acts 26:24-25
 John 10:20
 Mark 3:22
 Matthew 22:33
 John 7:16
 Matthew 5:11-12
 John 15:18